Search the forum,

Discuss Running water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john_boy

Hi all,

Found these forums whilst searching and I thought I'd stop by and ask here. I've got the sound of running water from the pipes in the house, no taps on - central heating pressure is fine and no (visible) leaks.

I've tried shutting the supply down and running everything off, no joy does anybody have a suggestion or something to try before calling for help ?

Many thanks,

Have you had a look outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn off the mains stopcock in the road outside the house. Does it stop?

Turn off the boiler and pump and the stopcock inside the house and open the mains stopcock? Does the noise start?

If it does, you probably have a leak outside somewhere - look for damp ground (may not be damp ground however if the ground is free draining).

If the noise is only when you turn on your house stopcock, check that none of the cisterns or WCs are overflowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock