Search the forum,

Discuss Running out of hot water after 3 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve had a new bathroom put in and having problems with the shower. The pressure is awful and runs cold after about 3-4 minutes. The hot water still comes out of the taps and we have another shower which has never run out of hot water after 15/20 minutes plus and is still working perfectly. The pressure in it is also good. The new one doesn’t even achieve lines of water, its droplets over half of the shower head.

We have gas heating with a combi boiler. I asked the fitter and he said the pressure issue was because we have a large flat shower head so pressure will be weak. I took the shower head off and the the stream seemed ok, I little spluttery maybe.

Even if I’ve made a bad choice in terms of shower head, it doesn’t explain the cold water!

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks,
K

Have you got sufficient cold feeding the shower thermostatic valve to chill the hot water to the set temperature?

The problem is more likely to be valve ( and hot / cold supply) rather than shower head related.

I’ve had a new bathroom put in and having problems with the shower. The pressure is awful and runs cold after about 3-4 minutes. The hot water still comes out of the taps and we have another shower which has never run out of hot water after 15/20 minutes plus and is still working perfectly.
From the description it would seem that something is preventing enough water getting to the shower. Perhaps an isolation valve that is not fullly open? Possibly a section of pipe that has been flattened on kinked during installation?

Have you reported the issue to your installers? That should be your first step.

This problem should be addressed by your installer to many might be or could be's but if you have a Combi then you should definitely not run out of hot water . Kop

It could be a water saving device in the shower head, or even a filter.
They are usually located on the inlet of the shower head.
Remove shower head and have a look.

The boiler may be shutting down due to flow issues.

Reply to Running out of hot water after 3 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock