Search the forum,

Discuss Rules governing where you can tee off existing radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello guys,

I absolutely love doing stuff in my house and just joined the forum to get some help from you all on troubleshooting a rad issue.

sorry for long winded explanation, want to be clear on my situation.

I have a conventional setup, with hot water tank in airing cupboard in second bedroom and header tanks in the loft etc.

When i renovated some time ago i removed a large radiator from downstairs dining room before removing that wall and I have now re-instated a much smaller radiator on the opposite wall in the dining room.

The main difference is that the radiator previously had its own loop with feed and returns piped from the 22 mm that ran down the middle of the first floor and fed most of the other house rads (little one in study, one in master bedroom, 1 hallway and 1 living room).

For convenience i decided to tee off for the new radiator now from the second bedroom radiator (was on its own loop really close to hot water tank) to feed this new downstairs rad. So i cut in a tee in the 15 mm pipe between the tank and the hot feed for that radiator and bought the return back up and cut into the return pipe of same rad before returning to the tank.

i bled the system and found that the new rad is not getting hot and only the first foot of new feed pipe is getting hot, its almost like there is some pressure stopping the hot feed from shooting down the new tee and off to the new radiator downstairs. also the living room rad took ages to get warm even though the one in the hallway (which shares a 15mm from drop upstairs) got hot quickly.

Have i created a pressure issue/blockage by choosing to cut in and share that feed and return with existing rad so close to the tank? or could it be not bleeding correctly?

any help really appreciated.

thanks

More than likely there is air trapped in there close all the other rads off and just leave the one which is not working at present open and fire the system up , hopefully it will clear the air ? let it run for 15 minutes then turn on the other rads . Kop

Turn the lockshield valve down in the second bedroom where you teed the radiator from.
Water is taking the path of least resistance. Increase the resistance to divert the water away from panel in second bedroom and towards the new panel.

So i cut in a tee in the 15 mm pipe between the tank and the hot feed for that radiator and bought the return back up and cut into the return pipe of same rad before returning to the tank.
This is very confusing. The feed and return for the radiators are nothing to do with the tank, which has separate feed and return.

A diagram showing 'before' and 'after' would help.

This is very confusing. The feed and return for the radiators are nothing to do with the tank, which has separate feed and return.

A diagram showing 'before' and 'after' would help.
I`m sure it`s been fixed by now!

Reply to Rules governing where you can tee off existing radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock