Search the forum,

Discuss Rugby Club Changing Room Showers in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My local rugby club are having intermittent pressure drop problems with their showers. I’ve done quite a lot of domestic plumbing but need advice on this. The system is set up with 4 large hot water storage tanks, there are 4 pumps each which have a flow sensors on them. There are 10 showers each for home and away. I think 2 tanks and 2 pumps service each set up of 10 shower heads. Each shower is operated with non concussive button valves. I’ve noticed that when the pressure is low when all 10 showers are activated, sometimes only 1 pump runs. Could it be a flow sensor problem? If so how can these be checked? It’s the type which is clamped around the outside of the outlet pipe from the pump

Tbh wrong set up best to rip out and start again either with one pump per shower or boost the pressure into and install unvented s or direct

Are we talking regular shower boosters here?
Would be weird to have them paired up so 4 pumps 4 sections 4 blending valves would be where I'd be looking on this one.
Those flow sensors are activated by a magnet 'floating' in the pipe so you can disconnect and move to operate but only really proves that pump works.
You can have them stick or get stiff but it's likely here that they are being held back by the pressure from the other pump

Reply to Rugby Club Changing Room Showers in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock