Search the forum,

Discuss Rubber 'Cup' in shower trap has perished. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A 21 year old shower which has two traps has perished "Cups' and smells are entering via the Traps. There is no access to replace the Traps.

I have no idea who made these old Traps or where to get a replacement rubber cups. I cannot fit a dry trap down stream as there is no access.

Any ideas, or better still who made them and are they still available ?

The attached pdf is a sketch through the trap.

Attachments

• Shower trap.pdf
    148 KB · Views: 15
Any cup like thing that the dip tube reaches into will do .

I’ve fashioned successful ones from a plastic 1 litre milk container in the past.

Just need to find something of appropriate dimensions, doesn’t need to be round, and cut height to suit.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response. I have tried various items but the base of the trap had a small 'Spike' which goes into the centre of the rubber cup, to keep the cup in position.The pointed bit of rubber is used to pull the rubber cup out for periodic cleaning. Apart from that, I have not found anything flexible enough to poke down the Dip Tube hole, that springs back into shape once it's down inside. I tried molding a silicone one around the cap of a large aerosol can, but this was a dismal failure !

Sounds like you’re quite handy. In that case how about using the original cup as the mould for your silicone one?
Or maybe cut one from a solid block of polystyrene and latex it externally.

Reply to Rubber 'Cup' in shower trap has perished. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock