Search the forum,

Discuss Routing mains water pipe under the floor?!? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have my mains pipe coming into the side of my house which is copper. I am going to have the adjacent wall studded out (to the left in pic) and therefore want to hide the mains pipe behind it and put on a low profile stop tap in which can be accessible via a flap or something. There is an additional stopcock just outside this room which was put there in case the inner one failed at any point.

My question is that it is approx 10” further along the wall than needed. Is it ok to make a channel to the other wall and if so how deep does it need to be and how much space around the incoming pipe is needed to secure an angle joint to take it along? Thanks in advance. I have started to channel out as shown in the picture.

Also is there any particular stopcock that people would recommend? I think the plumber is planning on renewing the existing pipe in copper too which will be behind the stud work on the wall to the left.

Sorry I know the picture is gross, it’s in an old kitchen that I’m in the process of ripping out!

Attachments

• 87863AF9-6213-4941-9D52-17E05DAF9DA9.jpeg
    87863AF9-6213-4941-9D52-17E05DAF9DA9.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 35
Looks like a steel pipe so you won’t be moving that easily

Would agree with Shaun looks like a 1/2 inch screwed stop tap .
May well have copper coming out of it supply side looks like 1/2 inch galv steel.

Does a magnet stick to the pipe?

Reply to Routing mains water pipe under the floor?!? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock