Search the forum,

Discuss Rough toilet pan outlet? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Dee Eye Why

Hey all. I'm installing a new toilet (Bunnings special...) in my ensuite.
I seemingly had it all connected properly, but when I was testing for leaks by flushing over and over it started leaking.. It seems like it's leaking where the rubber vario bend seal goes over the china toilet pan outlet (best I can tell?).
The china outlet pipe does seem kind of rough, nowhere near as smooth as the PVC on the other end of the vario bend that goes into the sewage pipe seal in the floor. Could this be the root cause? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

It’s possile the roughness is causing the leak. Can’t say I’ve ever come across that as an issue.

Perhaps the seal is damaged or not pushed on enough. Could try rotating the seal 180 degree.

The vario could be at a slight uphill angle stressing the seal?

What type of toilet? Close couple with tank sitting on top? You sure it’s not leaking from above and landing on vario?

Reply to Rough toilet pan outlet? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock