From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Rothenberger and Bahco benders that don't need guides in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
In my near 40 years of plumbing, I still lose my guides for my Hilmor bender and as it's a expensive replacement buying the originals, I was looking at the Bahco 500-15 and the Rothenberger 25135-15mm benders which are more or less metric copies of American tong style benders. The beauty of these is that they don't need a guide and are very accurate. They also bend shorter lengths than the Hilmor and bend 180 degrees. Well that's the manufacturers hype, has anyone any experience of these to back this up? The Bahco is near on impossible to find online, but the previous model the 600-15 comes up occasionally. This has a plastic attachment and looks crap, while the 500-15 is all metal. They only bend 15mm and it's for quick bends without lugging guides and the heavier Hilmor around/

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
problem is they dont do one for 22mm and if they did it would mean carrying two benders everywhere, when do you require 180 degree bends tight

OP
D

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
I bought and tried the Ridgid 15mm version and it was pure pants. Every bend in both soft and hard copper rippled and kinked. For 80 quid, I expected better and returned it.

Reply to Rothenberger and Bahco benders that don't need guides in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares