Search the forum,

Discuss Rotatimg soil pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Could anyone advise if this is a push fit fitting that I can rotate?
If I had to cut out the section I'd have to do from below in the kitchen which might be problematic.

I've applied some wd40 in prep for when I disconnect toilet but not sure if it will move.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210902_151112.jpg
    20210902_151112.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210902_151117.jpg
    20210902_151117.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi. Could anyone advise if this is a push fit fitting that I can rotate?
If I had to cut out the section I'd have to do from below in the kitchen which might be problematic.

I've applied some wd40 in prep for when I disconnect toilet but not sure if it will move.

Thanks
It certainly does look like push fit. Fittings that have been sat a while can be troublesome to move.

Bottom side looks like as glued boss so can’t rotate

It certainly does look like push fit. Fittings that have been sat a while can be troublesome to move.
I thought the top looked like push fit. Wasn't sure about the bottom that goes into another fitting.
Was thinking of using some wood as a lever. It's been in that position for 30 yrs. 😱
Really need to relocate the toilet though.
Any tips on ensuring the rest of the pipe doesn't rotate?

Easy to tell if it’s push fit will have the same collar on each outlet but that’s 100% glued sorry to say

Easy to tell if it’s push fit will have the same collar on each outlet but that’s 100% glued sorry to say
Damn.. if I cut at the bottom where the glued bit goes in would I be able to get a push fitting to go over the top of that bottom boss? The bottom boss is under floor level between 2 joists so I can't cut without ripping part of the kitchen out

No you might be able to remove the pipe in the boss bit but it will take time and a hair dryer and a hacksaw

No a push fit will only fit onto a pipe end.
If it's out of sight then maybe a Flexseal coupler (check exact sizes first)

No a push fit will only fit onto a pipe end.
If it's out of sight then maybe a Flexseal coupler (check exact sizes first)

Thought as much. It will be concealed so might try coupler if heating to melt glue doesn't work. It's the only toilet in the house so need to be prepared with options.

I take it something like this wouldn't squeeze in to the top of the bottom boss if I can't get it out?

That would go in nice you cut it but would leave your toilet outlet too high off the floor around 185mm from finished floor level

Use a hacksaw blade to cut internally through the wall of the pipe (just the pipe and not the boss) then heat up internally eg the pipe where you have cut and an inch in the direction your going then using a flat blades screwdriver see if you can push it in between the pipe and the boss once you get it started it becomes easier the hardiest part is the beginning once you have an inch piece you can use pliers to coil it on its self as you go with the hairdryer

That would go in nice you cut it but would leave your toilet outlet too high off the floor around 185mm from finished floor level

Use a hacksaw blade to cut internally through the wall of the pipe (just the pipe and not the boss) then heat up internally eg the pipe where you have cut and an inch in the direction your going then using a flat blades screwdriver see if you can push it in between the pipe and the boss once you get it started it becomes easier the hardiest part is the beginning once you have an inch piece you can use pliers to coil it on its self as you go with the hairdryer
I think I understand you. So cut out the top boss and just above the bottom boss (yellow line in pic). The gradually heat .. pry out/break off the inner glued pipe then peal it off with pliers?

Attachments

• 20210902_164036.jpg
    20210902_164036.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 3
Yep but you will have to cut with a hacksaw blade horizontal downwards just through the pipe on the inside (where the yellow mark is on the boss don’t cut the boss )

Attachments

• F47B2D46-6D67-4A26-A327-AE760948C276.jpeg
    F47B2D46-6D67-4A26-A327-AE760948C276.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1
I haven't had chance to do it yet. But I didn't think about issue with putting the new boss in place.
The pipe vents outside on the roof so don't want to lift the pipe and cause any damage to roof.
I'm assuming the best way to have room to slip on the new boss would be to cut out a section above to allow room to lift and then replace that section using 2 slip couplings.

Would this be the best/easiest option?

Reply to Rotatimg soil pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock