Search the forum,

Discuss TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an old room thermostat TR2 , was fitted by BG along with the RD532i combi boiler ( worcester bosch Benchmark type ), do i need to replace the thermostat for an exact same make & model ( TR2 ) or can I replace with a more accurate LED display type ?? ( new TR2 seem's to be approx £100 , expensive for a room stat ! )

No it doesn’t have to be like for like. Safely remove the cover of the thermostat 1st to check how many wires are inside, I’ve known them to be 2 wire, which you would be better suited to a 2 wire thermostat. This is to keep temperature swings at bay.

Please do not remove the cover on the boiler unless you’re a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe in the uk) as this forms part of the combustion circuit.

Honeywell 6360b as you might not have a neutral at the stat

Reply to TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock