Search the forum,

Discuss Room control problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

586zena

Hi,
Could anyone help me please.
I have recently had fitted a Worsester Bosch 30cdi condensing boiler.
First of all it was fitted with a Salus RT 500 RF which proved unsatistfactory.
The installer has now changed this for an Iflo Digistat+2rf room control but this is doing the same as the Salus, it is switching the boiler off before it reaches the set temp, for example this morning it was set for 23degrees from 8am till 10am and at 9am the boiler was off and it read 19degrees.
Do these room controls need time to acclimitise or should they work properly right away.
Do you think either of these controls are no good?
Do you recommend some other make.

er.... 2 sets of controls, both new, both bust?

Fitted loads of those iflo units of varying types. incredibly reliable.

Are you sure the boiler isnt shutting down on its own internal stat. does it come back on after a short while?

If the heat cant get away from the boiler sufficiently, the boiler will shut down but the pump will keep circulating the hot system water.... then as it loses a few degrees the boiler will kick back in.

Is the boiler oversized?

Is there a bypass on the system or open rad?

Hi,
Could anyone help me please.
I have recently had fitted a Worsester Bosch 30cdi condensing boiler.
First of all it was fitted with a Salus RT 500 RF which proved unsatistfactory.
The installer has now changed this for an Iflo Digistat+2rf room control but this is doing the same as the Salus, it is switching the boiler off before it reaches the set temp, for example this morning it was set for 23degrees from 8am till 10am and at 9am the boiler was off and it read 19degrees.
Do these room controls need time to acclimitise or should they work properly right away.
Do you think either of these controls are no good?
Do you recommend some other make.
Hi They sound like cheap programmers. Worcester do their own controls for there boilers and work fine. having said that it the programmer was wired in correctly anset up properly it should work fine

Hi Renewable M.
The boiler does restart after a while but it never reaches the temp set on the room controller.
Don't know if the boiler is oversized we have 7 radiators in a 3 bedroom house.
All radiators have TRVs but the ones downstairs are fully open where we have the room control

So, the boiler is not being turned off by the room stat.

If on the Iflo you can see the little flame shaped icon on the screen, then the boiler is powered.

Sounds like as the trv's start to shut down as the place warms up, the heat isnt getting away from the boiler so well, so is cutting off on its own internal stat.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE HEATING HAS FAILED. Until the temperature of the water in the system and the boiler falls a few degrees, the boiler will not start back up.

Its the result of a bit of a badly planned install, but not the end of the world.

Probably down to the boiler not having been sized properly.

...obviously whoever fitted it did an excellent job of explaining everything to the customer.

Thanks guys for all your answers.
My boiler is set at number 4, but if I turn it down to number 2 it goes off.
I suppose I am very confused because before I had this fitted I had a Worcester Bosch Junior 28i non condensing boiler and I always had that set on about number 2, the dail on that wasn't numbered but I never had it anywhere near even half on the dail, also I did not have a room thermosat, but the house was always warm enough.
The other strange thing is that this new boiler is costing me more to run it.
They are on for the same amount of hours, if I check how many therms I use each day, for the old one it was 5 which is 55kwhs this new one is either 6 or 7 which is 66 or 77kwhs.
I thought these new condensing boilers were more economical.

The other strange thing is that this new boiler is costing me more to run it.
They are on for the same amount of hours, if I check how many therms I use each day, for the old one it was 5 which is 55kwhs this new one is either 6 or 7 which is 66 or 77kwhs.
How do you work out that 5 is 55kWh etc?

Hi DOITMYSELF.
Say I have used 5 on my gas meter so I times that by the Conversion factor mine is 1.022640 so that =5.1132
Then I times that by the Calorific mine is 39.60000 so that equals 202.48272
Then I dived that by 3.6 = 56.2452 which is my kwhs it says to do this on my gas bill to work out the kwhs.
I took it to the nearest figure for example they say one unit is equal to 11kwhs

is that converting cubic feet into a calorific value then into kW/h???

neat.

Yes Renewable M.
Is it not on your gas bill.
Some put it on some don't.

is that converting cubic feet into a calorific value then into kW/h???
No. Its converting cubic metres into kWh.

If the meter measures in hundreds of cubic feet you have to multiply the meter reading by 2.83 to get cubic metres.

586zena
I understand what you are on about now. I got confused when you mentioned therms (100,000BTU) and then mentioned kWH.

If your consumption has increased since you installed the new boiler, it needs investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room control problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an Ideal boiler (Vogue Max System 18) and a hot water tank (Heatrae Sadia Megaflo). On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Bosch Junior 28i In October last year after the bitter winter, we decided on having central heating installed in our 2 bed roomed terraced house, the installation went well and they did great job. The boiler is situated in bathroom cupboard, where the old hot water tank used to be...
Replies
Views
Silentsoul
S
I
Hi guys, am hoping someone will be able to help me out here as to the cause of my problem... I have a Saunier Duval Combi Boiler located in the loft to which is attached a wired Drayton Digistat 3 Thermostat climate controller located in the hallway near the front door! My problem is that I...
Replies
Views
G
Hi. I have just had a Gloworm 30 CXI Ultracom 2 installed with a Salus RT500RF Wireless Programmable Thermostat to control temperature. All my radiators have TRVs and I have noticed that the Salus is not switching the boiler off or stopping flow to the rads when it should be. Eg at 10pm I am...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
Hi guys, problem with my mums boiler, thought id share it to see what you think. Couple of problems, first of all the temperature control knob for heating has snapped (common problem on these). The radiators are far too warm, scalding almost, also the hot water is very hot but when the heating...
Replies
Views
dazpara
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock