• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Roman bath nightmare, cannot fix the leak in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

April Banawa

Reaction score
Hi all!! Deperately in need of some help from someone in the know. I have recently had my whole house refurbished and put a roman/ tiled bath on the first floor. It has been nothing but grief. Everyone is pointing fingers but I need a solution. The area has been tanked twice but it's still leaking. They now think it's because they dont have the correct waste system. Wet room wastes dont come with plugs so what can I buy to rectify this situation? They are now talking about getting a waste and gully fabricated to do the job but surely there must be something we can buy. This isn't the first roman bath ever made!!

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hi all!! Deperately in need of some help from someone in the know. I have recently had my whole house refurbished and put a roman/ tiled bath on the first floor. It has been nothing but grief. Everyone is pointing fingers but I need a solution. The area has been tanked twice but it's still leaking. They now think it's because they dont have the correct waste system. Wet room wastes dont come with plugs so what can I buy to rectify this situation? They are now talking about getting a waste and gully fabricated to do the job but surely there must be something we can buy. This isn't the first roman bath ever made!!
Any pictures?

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
You need a friend with a fleshy behind to sit on the plug hole and form an airtight seal, that’s usually my job at home.

Rob Foster

Reaction score
Pictures and drawings is the way fwds on UKPF ..then we can all have a look and help you. I have in fact been in the Roman Bath many years ago in Bath with my now ex Mrs it was fun but we must move on
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Rob Foster

Reaction score
You need a friend with a fleshy behind to sit on the plug hole and form an airtight seal, that’s usually my job at home.
I am married to one she is lovely and I cherish her and her behind

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
In all seriousness, where is it leaking?

It’s just like doing a wetroom to be honest so really not a problem - please tell me it’s not a ‘builder’ job?

Do you have membrane tanking or paint on?

OP
April Banawa

April Banawa

Reaction score
In all seriousness, where is it leaking?

It’s just like doing a wetroom to be honest so really not a problem - please tell me it’s not a ‘builder’ job?

Do you have membrane tanking or paint on?
Its paint on tanking. Between the plumber and the tile guys, they can't seem to figure it out. Apparently, all of the wastes that are for wet rooms are not designed to have a plug, fair enough but there are loads of people who have these kinds of baths so there must be a waste made for this purpose surely??

OP
April Banawa

April Banawa

Reaction score
Its paint on tanking. Between the plumber and the tile guys, they can't seem to figure it out. Apparently, all of the wastes that are for wet rooms are not designed to have a plug, fair enough but there are loads of people who have these kinds of baths so there must be a waste made for this purpose surely??
They kept on thinking it was leaking through the tiles and after a couple to tries of re-applying the tanking, the leak has got worse. It cant be the tiles though because i've filled the bath up with numerous buckets of water with the plug in and it hasnt leaked. it only leaks when it is draining.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom