Search the forum,

Discuss Roca Duo in wall cistern how to remove plate? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys (and Gals)....
Just moved into a new house, all fine, except today the main bathroom cistern started overflowing (into the pan).
I think its a Roca Duo, with the L1 plate (from the Roca website).
I've watched a couple of youtube vids on how to check these etc, but I've failed at the first hurdle as I can't get the face plate off to get access to the inner gubbings!
How do I remove the face plate?

The vids show the bottom of the plate being pulled out, and mine does click a bit when I pull the bottom out, but it will not come off and I'm reluctant to force it?
See attached pics of the offending article.
Once the plate is off i'll have a quick gander at the innards and see whats what....

Cheers

Attachments

• Roca Duo in wall cistern L1 plate_ (1).jpg
    Roca Duo in wall cistern L1 plate_ (1).jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Roca Duo in wall cistern L1 plate_ (2).jpg
    Roca Duo in wall cistern L1 plate_ (2).jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 14
Think you have to slide the whole lot up a bit and then put from the wall

Think you have to slide the whole lot up a bit and then put from the wall
Hi, thanx , I assume you mean slide it up then PULL from the wall?
will give it a try, but I was reluctant to just wrench it off the wall, as the couple of vids I've seen show it coming off quite easily. :cool:

Yes should come off easy

Ok, update, my plate had to be pressed sideways (to the RHS) to release it, not up, which took me ages to figure that out!
So I got the plate off ok. But.... I cannot seem to get the "inner" box out? all the you tube clips show the inner box being removed, which then gives more access to get the valve or flush mechanism out, but mine does not seem to budge? (See pic)
And, again, this being new to me, I don't want to force it or break it?
The youtube vids show the plastic lugs being turned to release the inner box, but mine don't seem to want to turn at all?
Anyway, I managed to get my hand inside enough and twist the threaded float valve to adjust it and lower it a bit, so it now shuts off earlier, so does not overflow any more, but I would still like to get the valve assembly out and give it a clean, service, etc. I know the "torbeck" type washers are known to fail, so I bought a spare just in case.
Is there a "knack" to getting the inner box out?
Cheers...

Attachments

• IMG_20211004_095411004.jpg
    IMG_20211004_095411004.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20211004_095416237.jpg
    IMG_20211004_095416237.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211004_095428737.jpg
    IMG_20211004_095428737.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 7
You might not be able to remove the box sometimes it’s screwed externally

You should be able to repair anything from inside with the box / shroud on

Reply to Roca Duo in wall cistern how to remove plate? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock