Search the forum,

Discuss Robust mobile phones in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
After breaking the screen on yet another expensive Google mobile phone ☹️ I've got myself a CAT S31 Tough work phone, it does everything the Google did and seems alot stronger in build only issue is the camera is really poor 8mp which I will have to put up with . Regards Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-085241.png
    Screenshot_20211002-085241.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 16
Does the camera matter that much? Eg, do you take most/all photos using this?

Sounds like fair value, did you ape proof your previous phone? You can usually buy screen protectors and very HD cases for most phones nowadays. I use an iphone but it doesn't look like one after it's been "transformed".

Don't the CAT phones have built in thermal imaging function?
There is a more expensive one that does I have a flir thermal imaging camera So went for a cheaper model to try it's ok for £180 but the camera is pony the wife looks warm 👍 . Kop

Attachments

• ThermalCamera2020-01-19_18-46-08+0000.jpg
    ThermalCamera2020-01-19_18-46-08+0000.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sounds like fair value, did you ape proof your previous phone? You can usually buy screen protectors and very HD cases for most phones nowadays. I use an iphone but it doesn't look like one after it's been "transformed".
Yes mate screen protector On and flip case still broke them ☹️👍

There is a more expensive one that does I have a flir thermal imaging camera So went for a cheaper model to try it's ok for £180 but the camera is pony the wife looks warm 👍 . Kop

Good enough to know when she's having a hot flush though KOP, even if you/her aren't old enough yet. :)

I had a CAT 31 for a few years and it was brilliant, upgraded to a CAT s61 with the thermal imaging but have since left the trade so I don't use the TI at all, bit of a waste of money I suppose but the phone is brilliant, dropped it in the sea many times, have used the underwater camera a couple of times.
Proper robust phones!

Reply to Robust mobile phones in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock