Search the forum,

Discuss Rimless Toilets good or bad ( or ugly lol ) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi was looking to buy a new close couple toilet ( 2 actually ) and came across rimless ones specifically a Grohe Bau done a bit of research theres not much about but most reviews I've seen are positive was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on these good or bad best deal ive seen was £ 404 for two plus two grohe toilet roll holders thrown in any ideas ?

Rimless have been around for years.

Pro; No rim to clean, looks neat.
Con; Water can splash up over the rim, probably not with a Grohe, but tended to with the Commercial ones I dealt with.

As long as they wash down properly when flushed carry on. Nothing worse than skid marks left behind paper etc ..then that means a fortune in bog brushes I know as I put a Mickey Mouse designer one into
One of my holiday lets ...never again..it lasted one summer season..uck...in the skip and good riddance
Centralheatking

I fitted one last year and my customer loves it , it works a treat, sorry not a grohe but I can find out the manufacturer if needed .

Install one in my bathroom last year. It’s easy to clean, bit mine is on a concealed Cistern and there’s not enough power for the water to flush to the front edge.

@Stants , spoke with my customer today , It was a RAK toilet and cistern , she picked “comfort height” but standard heights are available. She still loves it lol .

Rimless have been around for years.
Thanks
Pro; No rim to clean, looks neat.
Con; Water can splash up over the rim, probably not with a Grohe, but tended to with the Commercial ones I dealt with.
@Stants , spoke with my customer today , It was a RAK toilet and cistern , she picked “comfort height” but standard heights are available. She still loves it lol .
Cheers for that TF I,ll have a look them gives me an option ....whichever I chose i,ll post up in a couple of months with some feed back for others ...watch this space
[automerge]1580144968[/automerge]
How much is a replacement seat? Some are eye watering amounts.
[automerge]1580145092[/automerge]
yes thats a good point I,ll look into it but I suppose that's the same for any toilet you buy I know that Grohe do the same pan but with a normal flush....cheers
[automerge]1580145955[/automerge]
How much is a replacement seat? Some are eye watering amounts.
Just had a look at the the seats £ 65 for both Rak and Grohe but that's assuming they keep supplying them as the model gets old ? I suppose worst case scenario you buy another toilet

Last edited:
Guess that's not too bad as it's your own, some customers wouldn't be happy though and I've seen some for three figures!

Reply to Rimless Toilets good or bad ( or ugly lol ) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock