Search the forum,

Discuss Rimless Toilet - Flush not reaching front of the bowl in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

I'm trying to install a rimless toilet and I just cannot get the flush to function as it should. Here's a video of what's going on - the water doesn't reach the front of the bowl.

I've raised the issues with the supplier and after sending videos and pictures of the set up, they sent me a new toilet... which still doesn't work!🤬

Here's my install (as you can tell i'm a DIYer! 😂). I've got the cistern as high as I can. I've even tried blocking the overflow pipe to try to get more water in the cistern. (The cistern / fill valve / flush valve all came as a package with the toilet)

IMG_20211002_093152.jpg
IMG_20210922_183945.jpg

IMG_20211002_093207.jpg
IMG_20211002_093201.jpg

And the flush valve is set up as shown below...

IMG_20211002_094906.jpg
IMG_20211002_094917.jpg

Does anybody have any idea as to what might be going on? Since neither of the toilets work I'm starting to think I've got something wrong with the install.

Andrew

Problem with rimless toilets is you need force atm you don’t have much because your flush pipe is so short in the 2” end and it’s a 90 d bend which isn’t helping swept would be better but still not great

So cistern needs to be higher maybe look at a different type ?

Is there much water left in the cistern after the flush?
That doesn't seem a full flush.

With the flush valve out, block the hole in the bottom of the cistern and let it fill to normal level, then let the water go.

Last edited:
Is there much water left in the cistern after the flush?
That doesn't seem a full flush.

With the flush valve out, block the hole in the bottom of the cistern and let it fill to normal level, then let the water go.

After the flush there's a couple of centimeters of water left.

I've tried letting it fill and then quickly pulling the flush valve out but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the install.
You would expect the flush to be better than that.

Contact the supplier and as for a refund and try a different brand pan & cistern.

Did you find a solution at all? I am in a similar predicament and would be grateful if you can let me know

Reply to Rimless Toilet - Flush not reaching front of the bowl in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock