Search the forum,

Discuss Riello RDB won’t fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’m having trouble with my Riello burner.

Upon starting the fan motor runs for 10 seconds, then I assume it tries to fire (noise changes), after 4-5 seconds it goes to lockout. It hasn’t fired at all since this problem started.

We were close to running out of oil so I assumed this was the problem. Have since got the tank filled so there’s plenty of oil and pressure.

I’ve bled the pump multiple times. It was quite foamy but is now running normally. I’ve dumped oil out from the fire valve in case there was sediment. From what I can tell there’s oil running to the pump and at pressure.

Tried resetting with the photocell removed. The fan motor just runs and nothing else happens.

Before I call someone out is there anything obvious I’m missing or should check?

Thanks

I think it’s a system boiler/setup and so doesn’t have a pressure gauge.

We’re only a month in the house so I’m not hugely familiar with the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello RDB won’t fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Hello alll, I have a firebird combi oil burner with the riello burner rdb in. It was working perfect up untill yesterday where it's going straight into instant lockout and won't do anything. Not fuel related because I can see it squiring out. Any guesses to what it could be ? Thank you
Replies
Views
Afternoon, hoping to get some advice: I’ve just drained my central heating system to remove 2 upstairs radiators, and now after refilling, the boiler won’t fire up. The mains light is on, no lock-out light, the thermostat is set to 30*C, all radiators are bled, pressure is at 1 bar, there is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock