Search the forum,

Discuss Riello rdb 3 going for 2 hours then cutting out in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, riello burner is cutting out after it’s been running for 2 hours solid. Replaced new photo cell, nozzle, capacitor, I’m trying to fit a new solenoid tomorrow. Any ideas if this fails?
Thanks

Riello solenoids are usually pretty bomb proof so I doubt it's that, although I could be wrong. Have you been at the burner at point of lockout and has it gone through the motions to start again?

I have been there when its up to temperture itslockouts out. It’s a new rdb3 burner clean looking. Motor and fan sound normal. Any suggestions? Electrodes are arking? Could it be oil supply maybe water ? Or new oil pump?

Sounds like water in the oil to me, do you have a glass bowl filter to look at? or just drain off a bit into a glass container, let it settle and then look at the bottom to see how much is water.

Reply to Riello rdb 3 going for 2 hours then cutting out in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock