Search the forum,

Discuss riello oil burner not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lindsay 5

hi can any body help me i have no moter or ignition it just buzzes then locks out ,but if i flick the fan it works ok but wont refire when it goes of it does the same

Capacitor or drive coupling or pump. Probably in that order.

thanks for the info can i check any of these first without buying new parts

Which control box is it? Satronic, Bentone or DKO?

(I've a flow chart for cheating - I mean fault diagnosing)

hi dontnoitall i cant see a manufacteres name anywhere on the control box but is gray whith a red reset button on it

To check drive coupling is just visual - remove to check. To check capacitor, you can check if fan feels tight when turning it. If it is tight at places then oil pump or motor bearings faulty. If not tight, it might be capacitor. Capacitor cheap & easy to change. Oil pumps on Riellos can be tight at times, when faulty, so can be it. Often capacitor & oil pump need replaced.

hi dontnoitall i cant see a manufacteres name anywhere on the control box but is gray whith a red reset button on it
Sounds like that is older Riello burner. Don't really need to test anything, just change capacitor if oil pump/ motor freely turning.

Should have said that, as boiler is going no problem when fan is given a little flick, but will never go by itself, then it is capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to riello oil burner not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hello all Our riello burner intermittently won’t ignite. However for some reason when you tap gently the oil pump it lights every time. Any help appreciated. Thank you
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed the burner unit I replaced the Burner Nozzle no problem, old was very dirty and sooty. Found the boiler wouldn't fire up. SO rather than than mess...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock