Search the forum,

Discuss Ridgid pipe wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PatrykA

Is their an interest in these and do plumbers want them. They are top quality and expensive but are people willing to buy them. Reason I'm asking is I have a chance to pick up 36 wrenches from an auction and wanted to know if I would be able to get rid of the many I won't need??

Is their an interest in these and do plumbers want them. They are top quality and expensive but are people willing to buy them. Reason I'm asking is I have a chance to pick up 36 wrenches from an auction and wanted to know if I would be able to get rid of the many I won't need??

Speculate to accumulate :vanish:

Big discount to Arms members obviously BOGOF.....regards Turnpin:6:

Aslong as they are new and not returns or damages. Rigid are really really good quality normally. I snapped teeth once foc replacement same day at crossings

Its not a question of whether they will buy.

The question is at what price they will buy, and can you make a profit at that price, once your costs of packing, shipping and payment processing are deducted.

Most active plumbers will already have the hand tools that they need on a day to day basis. If they lose one they won't fanny around searching the internet, they are likely to replace them the next time they are in a stockists.

So therefore you are trying to sell them a spare tool, or perhaps an extra tool for the apprentice.

To motivate someone to make a non-urgent tool purchase, they will normally need a deal that gives them a good saving over normal trade prices. It will probably also need to be a bit of extra discount to allow for the fact that you are an unknown trader, so they are taking a bit of a risk. The faster you want to clear your stock and get your money back, the bigger discount you will need to offer.

I will be receiving a variety of wrenches as I have made the purchase but will be waiting on shipping a few weeks. Their will be aluminum ones from 14 to 48 inches. All are used but like new. The two 48's and 4 36's look almost new. Very well cared for. Their will be six new 12" steel ones though. I also contacted ridged and am ordering a few sets of jaws and nuts which is the only thing that can go wrong with these wrenches. I will post up some prices and pics as soon as they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ridgid pipe wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock