Search the forum,

Discuss RHI & Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What's all this about the RHI and Solar Thermal. I undrstood that the benefit for ST was that you paid less to heat your water/UFH. Not that the government gave paid you money as per the info here: [DLMURL="http://www.rhincentive.co.uk/eligible/energies/"]Eligible energy sources | RH Incentive[/DLMURL]

Confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll probably have to wait for Eaton to come on or Unguided1 to come back.

RHI is already in place for commercial but it has been delayed for the domestic. Basically it is similar to the solar P.V feed in tariff. Designed to be an incentive to fit renewable technologies. To qualify your panels need to be fitted by an MCS accredited company and no doubt there will be some requirements, possibly a heat meter installed to measure the amount of heat produced but as of yet I don't think it is confirmed, neither are the rates you will get per kWh which is why it is no easier to sell (along with all the other technologies)

It was supposed to be released along side the green deal this autumn, but it's looking like it will be summer 2013 at the earliest now because DECC are a bunch of ballcocks.

Greenist government ever my arse. The sooner we get these conservative cockends out the seat the better, out to privatise and line the pockets of the rich as usual.

For the commercial and domestic RHI (if it ever happens!) we have glycol tolerant heat meters in stock now available for next day delivery. If you are interested please see [DLMURL="http://www.logicalenergy.co.uk/index.cfm/rhi-heat-meters-172"]RHI Heat Meters[/DLMURL] and contact us for pricing. We also have a complete range of solar thermal ancillaries along with U pipe and HP evacuated tubes and flat plate solar collectors. Good luck with your business :)

Saw a price list for these and thought they are a bit pricey! (starting off at about £6000)

Agreed, we can do them for under €5,000.00, that is a big difference when currency exchange between sterling and euro is taken into account.

I don't sell in the UK so I'm not a competitor of the company mentioned, and we do point out that the system will call on the immersion back up using 1250 watts.

If everyone used the controllers on wet solar the same way it would be possible to claim the system provides hot water 24/7

Solar thermal is getting a proposed 18p per kw, who ever got that put through needs a medal, standard 3 bed house with 20 tubes should get £150-200 a year in cash.

Looking into thermodynamic a lot at minute, lad I know had a visit to place recently and said 50c was achieved on really crappy day. Found out place is only 5 miles away too, looking into fgas in jan when it hopefully gets quieter ( not too quiet though). If thermodynamics can be brought at reasonable price it looks a no brainer, small panel, fitted normally or hung on wall!!! Only downsize is fgas and cylinders have compressor on so no doubt a bit larger than normal, can see a lot of loft installs, not that that's a bad thing. Get it all out the way.

hoping to find out more in company soon as would be nice as so close, think they're tied in with Energie, I've seen a lot on you tube by them.

Other issue is I'm not sure where it will come on rhi. Is it heat pump or thermal? It's an unglazed unit too, also wondering if well need separate mcs cert, got my audit in November so will ask assessor then

RHI is already in place for commercial but it has been delayed for the domestic. Basically it is similar to the solar P.V feed in tariff. Designed to be an incentive to fit renewable technologies. To qualify your panels need to be fitted by an MCS accredited company and no doubt there will be some requirements, possibly a heat meter installed to measure the amount of heat produced but as of yet I don't think it is confirmed, neither are the rates you will get per kWh which is why it is no easier to sell (along with all the other technologies)

It was supposed to be released along side the green deal this autumn, but it's looking like it will be summer 2013 at the earliest now because DECC are a bunch of ballcocks.

thermal will be deemed, ashp will be metered unless tied in with gas/oil then deemed at lower rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RHI & Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure (retired couple on fixed incomes). We are fortunate enough to have bought solar panels at the beginning of the year but as we head towards winter the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I want to add a solar thermal system to my existing Worcester bosch greenstar but don't want to lose the functional benefits of the combi boiler. I'm proposing to install the solar collector on the side of the house in a position that will enable gravity flow to a 200litre tank just...
Replies
Views
We are building a new 2 bed bungalow and looking at Heating / Hot water options. Although Gas is available we are keen to not have it connected but we will be having a large solar system installed as we have a long South facing roof. Our house that we are moving from has Air con installed in...
Replies
Views
I’d like some advice and opinions please. I have a 150 year old stone cottage ( 2 foot thick solid stone walls) some roof insulation and double glazed windows in a very cold exposed hill top position in the north western Yorkshire Dales. we are planning to put underfloor heating downstairs and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock