Search the forum,

Discuss Reworking kitchen sink piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevenh

Looking to rework undersink pipes to eventually replace kitchen tap and add a separate water filter system.
The current piping is mostly done with solder joints including the kitchen tap tail, is it ok to remove all of this and replace with compression tees?
The cold water line is feeding the following:
- dishwasher
- washing machine
- garden tap
- kitchen tap
and if I add in a water filter system that will be 5 connections, so this would involve linking a number of tee pieces. If I'm using compression fittings, then I assume I need to cut some copper pipe to join the tee pieces together? Is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks

Steven

Yes but will cost you the services of a plumber

If you want to do it your self and can't solder compress tees are fine but a bit bulky what ever you choose don't put compression joints behind the units (e.g. No access to them afterwards)

Yeh that's what I was thinking as the solder joints are a lot more compact the compression ones looks messy and bulky... but means I can relatively take parts apart later if needed...
The way the current tap is done is that the tail goes straight down onto a solder tee where it splits off so I don't think there's any way to remove the tap without cutting pipe... All new taps I've seen these days seem to come with flexible tails, can those screw directly onto a compression tee or do I need a coupler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reworking kitchen sink piping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated advice. In addition to draining slowly, the sink also back fills when the washing machine pumps water out. I have had the initial undersink work...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock