Search the forum,

Discuss Reverse cycle air conditioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waldomeyer

This concept appeals to me,not sure if thats exactly what its called but i think thats it.Basically the hot air you feel coming off an ac unit is used to preheat the hot water/heating primaries and the boiler or immersion then tops it up as I understand it? Never heard of the concept until a holiday in thailand where I noticed all the resorts hot storage cylinders were piped up to the ac units.The cylinders are direct,so no heating primaries involved but I assume the heat transfer from the ac unit is via a primary coil of sorts? Anyone with any knowledge on this subject?

Not into air con but it makes sense the ammount of hot air that is wasted from these units
If therory office units/areas could supply hot water for domestic areas
The green movement has stoped walking and just started to jog

ASHP's or Air source heat pumps can take the heat from outside or inside a building and move it to another source i.e. hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse cycle air conditioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock