Search the forum,

Discuss Reverse cycle air conditioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waldomeyer

This concept appeals to me,not sure if thats exactly what its called but i think thats it.Basically the hot air you feel coming off an ac unit is used to preheat the hot water/heating primaries and the boiler or immersion then tops it up as I understand it? Never heard of the concept until a holiday in thailand where I noticed all the resorts hot storage cylinders were piped up to the ac units.The cylinders are direct,so no heating primaries involved but I assume the heat transfer from the ac unit is via a primary coil of sorts? Anyone with any knowledge on this subject?

Not into air con but it makes sense the ammount of hot air that is wasted from these units
If therory office units/areas could supply hot water for domestic areas
The green movement has stoped walking and just started to jog

ASHP's or Air source heat pumps can take the heat from outside or inside a building and move it to another source i.e. hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse cycle air conditioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock