Search the forum,

Discuss Retrofit radiator stabiliser bracket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a large old steel double radiator (circa 30 years old) which is working okay but since it's been part of our new combi boiler system (until recently it was part of a conventional gravity system) it makes loud creaking noises whenever the boiler comes on. We have discovered that the radiator, although on brackets, is slightly loose and when we place a hand on the radiator the creaking noises are much reduced.

We don't want to have to remove the radiator, so - with the radiator in situ - we'd like to fit some kind of bracket to perhaps either side of the radiator that could be screwed to the wall and tightened to make the radiator more stable. Is this possible - and if so could you point me in the direction of a suitable product?

Many thanks.

Now on a combi the radiator will be heated and expand a lot quicker and creaking probably due to movement against existing wall brackets,new rads have plastic inserts for the brackets to stop this,remove rad and pack between bracket grove and support collar on radiator,with something plastic,rubber or rap with electrical insulating tape,replace rad and creaking will stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Retrofit radiator stabiliser bracket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock