Search the forum,

Discuss Research in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aroo

Hello. I am writing a paper and am having a hard time finding sources. I'm hoping someone here can help. I need information on pressure booster pumps. I am new to the UK and have found that in my home there is a tank in the attic where the water is gravity fed to the taps. I have looked online for information but am not finding much, possibly from lack of proper search terms. Below is some of the information I am looking for.

• I found a citation in a plumbing manual suggesting that new home are to be equipped with one of this type of pump or a different type of system. Is this correct and why? Does it improve energy efficiency or provide other benefits?
  • Are there any statistics on the number of homes with pumps?
  • How much value, if any, does this type of pump add to a home?
I am sure there is other information that I have not thought of yet.

I would appreciate any information or sources that anyone can provide.

No wonder it's so difficult to find information on them. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Research in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to find a replacement Collector circuit pump for a ground source heat pump. This is the pump on the brine circuit. The pump I have is no longer supported by the manufacture. It’s a Wilo TOP-S25/7.5 Any recommendations would be very welcome.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
I'm making my own replacement for a boilermate 2000 controler. I need more electical information on the pump so I can work out how to control the speed on it. does anyone know where I can find detailed electical info for this not just "on off" it looks like the original controler used PWM to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock