Search the forum,

Discuss Rerouting 28mm and 22mm pipes which were connected to old hot water tank. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I've started to renovate my bathroom and I've come across these pipes which were located in the tank cupboard.

Given the property has a combi boiler will these pipes still be in use?

If they are will it be alright for me to reroute them so they sit under the floorboards out of the way??

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pipes.JPG
    pipes.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 23
i would guess there still live, but no reason they both cant be cut back a re plumbed under the floor

As Shaun says, you'll have to trace the routes to see if they're live.
As a side note, you want smaller diameter pipes with a combi. The larger the pipe the more water it holds, so more water to heat before it comes out of your taps.
Quite often a combi will be installed and the hot water has to travel up to the old cylinder location then to the bathroom in 22mm pipes before it comes back to the kitchen wasting gas, money and time, you want a short route installing to your kitchen taps if that's the case with you. Be careful not to introduce dead legs while doing your work.

Thanks for the reply JC. I suspect you are right about the route of the pipes, as the boiler is in the kitchen. I don't want to rip up any more flooring tracing pipework so my plan is to simply shorten these pipes and place them under the floorboards. Will I be ok using speedfit elbow connections and a copper reducer? Cheers.

Reply to Rerouting 28mm and 22mm pipes which were connected to old hot water tank. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock