Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing wireless thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to you lovely plumbers & heating engineers, seeking advice on replacing a Flomasta wireless thermostat. I inherited it when I bought this house & it’s a bl**dy nightmare to program, heating coming on at all times, unable to easily change temperature for different times. My last heating bill was frightening so I need to sort this.

My question is, can I just get a new wireless thermostat, any brand, or will I also have to change the receiver. Will this need to be done by a plumber/heating engineer or is it a DIY job.

I previously had a Salus, it was ok & at least I knew how to program it Attached a photo of current thermostat & thingamingybob (receiver?). Boiler is a Worcester Bosch combi greenstar i erp

Thank you very much

Attachments

• CEFA1128-140C-4BB6-8C1B-9A730541270E.jpeg
    CEFA1128-140C-4BB6-8C1B-9A730541270E.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 10
You will have to change the receiver as there not universal

But you can have any eg nest hive or a simple one eg combi pack 4

Would go heating engineer simple job to do an hours cost normally

Before you make any changes maybe consider getting somebody to check the set up over as you should be able to control the times of the heating and the temperature.

Do you have a heating controller too? and how is your hot water controlled?

Before you make any changes maybe consider getting somebody to check the set up over as you should be able to control the times of the heating and the temperature.

Do you have a heating controller too? and how is your hot water controlled?
From the crappy instructions I’ve found, it has 6 non changeable programmes (6!!!) and 2 which are programmable. I’m usually pretty good with tech but this has totally baffled me. It has no on/off settings. Instead it has eco/Comfortable modes. I change set the time for eco or comfortable But i can’t seem to change the temperature for the different modes.
The picture I attached shows the wireless thermostat and what I assume is the receiver screwed to the wall. The hot water is controlled by the boiler.

Reply to Replacing wireless thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction regarding a replacement for my wireless thermostat please. Just bought a house with a Flomasta wireless thermostat & I can’t get on with it at all I’m pretty good with tech but figuring this out is impossible, heating coming on at all times, unable...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please. We have an old traditional old Potterton E50 boiler with an old Honeywell time switch and a more recent Salus wireless thermostat. I have completely powered down and re-set the Honeywell and Salus a couple of times and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT I have three wires in the old thermostat. Please see the first three photos. 1 Red 3 Yellow 2 Blue are these 1 Live 3 Live return (Switched) 2 Neutral Could I configure it as in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock