Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing towel warmer with designer radiator that can still hang towels on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Customer has asked for a towel warmer to be replaced, they want a designer radiator, anthracite colour, and still be able to hang towels on it. the wall space is limited. 400mm wide rad is the max it will take, preferably with bottom entry straight valves. Between 1200-1400 height.

I cant find anything, anyone able to help?
Thanks

No worries mate, I still see the same customer and they say the towels dry much better on the hooks anyway

These any good DQ Heating fitted a couple aluminium powder coated . Kop

Screenshot_20181104-164445_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-162523_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-163817_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-163834_Drive.jpg

Just mentioning...
Check the Ts & Cs of these rads regarding hanging damp towels.
Yes, we all know that's what they are for, but all ali or steel (not stainless) rads T&C I've read specifically state they NOT for wet/damp towels. They are for WARMING dry towels.
Just make sure in your supply contract you point that out so when in 18 mths time they come back to you cos its a rusted hulk you're covered.

Thanks KoP, they look good, I will see if there is a suitable size. I have found a couple of others so will send pics to the customer later.

YorkshireDave good points thanks. Will make sure customer is aware.

Reply to Replacing towel warmer with designer radiator that can still hang towels on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to get a T-Piece which the electrical element then fits underneath it, and then a manual valve fits into the side of the T-piece. On the other side...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to work out the best approach to fitting valves to my new towel rail, but i just don’t have the experience to know the best approach and would appreciate input from you guys. If i get this wrong, it’s going to be a major PITA to correct...
Replies
Views
Hello, My current installation is an 8Kw Morso Stove, about 20 years old, connected to: An indirect coil in a vented cylinder (on the ground floor where the heater is, but raised by about 80cm), gravity fed with a bathroom towel rail upstairs also gravity fed. Once the gravity circuit is up...
Replies
Views
I currently have a towel rail plumbed into the central heating system in my bathroom; I want to replace it with a radiator and preferably without having to drain the system. The towel rail goes straight into the two valves which are installed vertically the distance between the centres of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock