Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Towel Rad - Slightly shorter width problem (Photo) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm replacing my towel radiator in my bathroom. The new one I bought, while it has the same overall dimensions, is slightly narrower than the old one where it is connected to the flow and return pipes.

What are my options here? Is there some sort of adjustable value I can use to sort this or will I need to get the pipes moved?

Photo below.
QrblMd51.jpeg

Anything I can do myself or will I need to get the pros in here? I'm DIYer here. Happy to get a plumber in here, but it's a cross between that and buying another rad a few cm wider. I was hoping there was a magic valve I can screw into the bottom of the rad on the right hand side to replace the existing one.

I'm replacing my towel radiator in my bathroom. The new one I bought, while it has the same overall dimensions, is slightly narrower than the old one where it is connected to the flow and return pipes.

What are my options here? Is there some sort of adjustable value I can use to sort this or will I need to get the pipes moved?

Photo below.View attachment 38243
Do lets all know what you did and how it all worked out.
Info helps us to,help others
centralheatking

Two 15mm obtuse elbows pushed together can enable small adjustments in every direction (outwards or inwards as well as sideways) - see Screwfix part 38287; these Screwfix ones have solder rings but the plain ones are more common. You will need a small plain extension on the other side as well. Not very pretty but functional!

obstuse elbow.jpg

Two 15mm obtuse elbows pushed together can enable small adjustments in every direction (outwards or inwards as well as sideways) - see Screwfix part 38287; these Screwfix ones have solder rings but the plain ones are more common. You will need a small plain extension on the other side as well. Not very pretty but functional!

View attachment 38258
ouch ! centralheatking

View attachment 38258
ugly, If I was buying your gaff then it would make me worry about all the stuff I cannot see
but if you are a functional fella
go for it....chking

View attachment 38258
The towel rads rusting from the bottom already ...chking

Just to confirm I got this sorted, drilling the tiles - or rather chipping away at the tiles allowed both pipes to pull inwards and got the radiator on. A bit snug but all works fine. Many thanks for the advice, sometimes the simplest solution is the hardest to see.

Reply to Replacing Towel Rad - Slightly shorter width problem (Photo) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock