Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing shower with bath? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m looking to replace this shower tray for a bath with the front of it facing the right side of the picture. What do I need so the bath waste goes into where the shower trays waste currently is now?
8F1C6CD9-B15A-406D-A425-B7D27794EA75.jpeg

Rip the tray out and you’ll see what’s there.
Just a case of connecting the bath trap to the old pipework from the shower, probably need a short length of pipe and a couple of bends.
At least the existing waste is nice and low so no problem.

Rip the tray out and you’ll see what’s there.
Just a case of connecting the bath trap to the old pipework from the shower, probably need a short length of pipe and a couple of bends.
At least the existing waste is nice and low so no problem.
When removing the tray is there anything that I have to do with the waste before or do I just go in & rip the tray out?

Unscrew the waste fitting from inside the tray first. If you can’t, break the test around it with a hammer - the idea is to disconnect the tray from the pipework so that you don’t damage/loosen the waste pipe at this stage. Leave that until you can see what’s there.

Unscrew the waste fitting from inside the tray first. If you can’t, break the test around it with a hammer - the idea is to disconnect the tray from the pipework so that you don’t damage/loosen the waste pipe at this stage. Leave that until you can see what’s there.
Ok will give that a go. Just going back to when installing the pipework for the bath am I right in installing the bath waste/overflow then I attach the trap underneath to that then from there I will be attaching a pipe to that?

I meant, attach the trap to waste then cut pipes to length and use elbow/45 fittings as required to get you back to the existing pipework.
Mark all the pipe/fittings connections so that you can line it up exactly the same again.
Then disassemble everything and glue up the joints, lining up your marks, starting from the existing pipe and ending at the trap.
The trap/ waste is then the final connection.

I meant, attach the trap to waste then cut pipes to length and use elbow/45 fittings as required to get you back to the existing pipework.
Mark all the pipe/fittings connections so that you can line it up exactly the same again.
Then disassemble everything and glue up the joints, lining up your marks, starting from the existing pipe and ending at the trap.
The trap/ waste is then the final connection.
Ok I see what you mean. Would you know if my trap which is McAlpine will fit with the waste pipe which is FloPlast as I've seen some brands have issues when trying to fit together?

Yes it’ll fit fine, mcalpine traps are best and compression fittings cover a range of sizes so will work with any manufacturer 1 1/2” pipe (40mm 43mm etc etc)

Yes it’ll fit fine, mcalpine traps are best and compression fittings cover a range of sizes so will work with any manufacturer 1 1/2” pipe (40mm 43mm etc etc)
Ok so I’ve ripped the tray out & this is how the pipework is underneath. Obviously I will unscrew that shower waste off but what should I attach from that for the bath?
5DF019CD-AFA6-4F7F-B9C0-351AD314813D.jpeg

Reply to Replacing shower with bath? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, would greatly appreciate some pointers Toilet downstairs drains slowly. First floor toilet causes bath to reflux water and make noise. Second floor toilet causes shower to gurgle. Tried Mr Muscle drain unblocker almost everywhere. Tried plunging the toilets, shower and bath. Tried a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock