Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Shower Diverter Valve / 15mm to 1/2" BSP fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon, all.

Currently have proprietary diverter valve on shower riser with handheld outlet standard 1/2" BSP male and inlet also 1/2" BSP male. The outlet to overhead shower is custom female fitting and feeds a larger diameter chrome covered plastic pipe feeding large and inefficient modern shower rose.

Looking to replace all north of the diverter with 15mm OD chrome pipe feeding and a smaller rose.

Challenges - need to source new diverter valve as can't find fitting to reduce 15mm pipe to random female fitting. Can't find diverter valve with male inlet. Need to work out what fittings I need to allow 15mm chrome inlet pipe from Grohe bath / shower mixer to 1/2" female inlet and connector to connect 1/2" male outlet to 15mm pipe feeding new overhead rose.

Apologies for numpty questions my first go at one of these.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil
Speaking just for myself, I found your question a bit hard to follow.
Can you provide a sketch of what you're trying to achieve, or maybe a photo of the bits you intend to continue using?
And are there any constraints on dimensions between the various parts?

Bath Shower Valve Photo.jpg

So I can't find a diverter valve with male inlet. Suspect not a problem if I also source one of these.

Connector.jpg

Outlet to handheld shower should be fine but missing piece is the outlet to overhead shower rose. Nut and olive to connect 15mm OD chrome pipe to 1/2" BSP female outlet from new valve?

Hi Neil
Speaking just for myself, I found your question a bit hard to follow.
Can you provide a sketch of what you're trying to achieve, or maybe a photo of the bits you intend to continue using?
And are there any constraints on dimensions between the various parts?
Thanks, hope photo / commentary explains my question better.

Thanks, hope photo / commentary explains my question better.
Thanks, that makes it really clear.
Does the bottom inlet have a compression fitting on the pipe? i.e. if you unscrew the nut, is there an olive on the pipe?
And for the top 'proprietary' fitting, if you unscrew the sleeve/'nut', is the plastic pipe threaded, and if so could that be 3/4" bsp?

Last edited:

Reply to Replacing Shower Diverter Valve / 15mm to 1/2" BSP fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock