From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Replacing Room Thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

joben1

Hi,

I've recently had a new Worcester Greenstar Ri gas boiler fitted and want to replace the old mechanical room thermostat. I really wanted a digital room thermostat but I understand that this isn't possible. As I understand it, a digital thermostat would need wiring directly to the boiler, but the existing thermostat has one wire to the heating pump, and one to the programmer; no new wiring was run from the stat to the boiler when the new boiler was fitted. Am I correct in my understanding and, if so, could anyone recommend a mechanical thermostat please?

Last Plumber

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any Heating Engineer (or spark who deals with heating) will be able to sort whatever type of controls you want.
There may be wiring required but I can't see it being a difficult job.

Reply to Replacing Room Thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads