Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Remeha Avanta Plus 39C wireless receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MightySerpent

Hi all - new member home owner here

My Remeha Rematic RF room stat has a failed mechanical clock. The unit still talks to my Remeha Avanta Plus 39C - manually setting it to thermostat only mode works fine but I'd like to have it on timer again too.

As it is mechanical it has always had a healthy appetite for batteries so I wanted an all electronic replacement.

I got hold of an Optimum OP-Duostat BM from Heating Controls Online as it stated the unit and boiler were compatible and I could see the receiver was the same design as my existing one and so should fit the boiler.

I was hoping for a drop-in fit but of course it doesn't look like it is as the connectors seem to be arranged in a different order.

I have tried pairing the new room stat with the existing receiver but they don't seem interested in one another.

This is a picture of the old and new receivers, the old one is still installed. As you can see they are similar but with different functions for the pins - even I can see the live and neutral are reversed.
OldAndNewReceivers.jpg

This is the plug block the existing receiver is connected to. So you can see which wire goes where.
RemehaPlugBlock.jpg

This is the diagram in the Remeha manual for the above plug block
RemehaPlugBlockDiag.jpg

Finally this is the diagram supplied with the new receiver
NewReceiverDiag.jpg

So I'd like to know what I have to do to get the new receiver in place with DHW on demand only but with CH controlled by the roomstat and it's clock.

I am not scared of running new wires and I'm aware of the need for electrical safety!

Any advice much appreciated, further pics supplied on request. Ta!

If you’re not Gas safe then you shouldn’t really be removing the cover. Sorry, you can’t be 100% that any combustion seal is replaced correctly

Got it, 100% understand why I should be reminded of that

So what steps will the appropriate engineer do to solve the problem?

Can you provide any detail? I'd welcome a theoretical discussion.

For example, is the theory behind such things not available before the practical application?

I’m not sure what you want me to tell you. You need an item wiring to your boiler which is inside the boiler. You need a gas engineer that is competent in wiring to install it then put the boiler back together safely

Thread closed reason please read the above comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Remeha Avanta Plus 39C wireless receiver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Hi , My wireless thermostat, has become water damaged and is toast , no longer displays anything (long story), it is a boss bps242rf and the receiver is a BR1, can anyone tell me if there is just a wireless thermostat (transmitter) that I can buy that will bind to the existing receiver (BR1) it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have an LG air source heat pump which is controlled by an Optimum Duostat controller This has developed a mind of its own where it ignores the programming So time to swap it out Looking for recommendation for a unit thats easy enough to programme without having 5 time zones Basic time on / off...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock