Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing radiators and Rerouting pipes now 2 won't warm up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean0188

My house is a bungalow. My heating system is a gravity fed system with water tank.
So as title says, I've replaced 2 rads from old single ones to new type 22 ones and added a towel rail instead of a small radiator in the bathroom.

all of my heating pipes run around the skirting boards as I have concrete floors.

I have re routed the pipes for the lounge and barroom rads up into the loft space and dropped them down to the rads in the corner of the room.

The system has been bleed and all the rads are fine apart from the lounge and bathroom, which are the pipes that I have re routed up to the loft and dropped down.

I found the flow and return pipes in my airing cupboard that houses the boiler and tank and tee'd from these to get to the rads, you can feel the warm water flowing past the tee but will not filter up the pipes to the 2 rads that won't work.

I thought I would see if you guys can help as I've heard good things about the forum and read some good advice before I call the plumber out.

sorry for the information overload
Dean

Have you got a Hw cylinder in your airing cupboard. From the sounds of it, you've taken your new rerouted rad pipes off the Hw primary circuit.

I agree with above^^. Sounds likely you have gravity pipes for your hot water circuit & you have teed into them. Will never work unless on gravity.
If you have linked into a pumped circuit, then you simply have an airlock in the pipes, which I assume you fitted in copper & raised them slightly to a point where you used manual vents. Or did you do the lot in DIY plastic pipe?

All done in plastic pipe, I had help from a friend that had 'done it loads before' obviously a mistake. I made sure the pipe that I tee'd into also went to a rad in the kitchen and it was the one that heated first. That rad still gets hot it just will not travel up the tee, the pipe that goes to the loft stays cold all the time.

Thanks for the help

You could try running each rad valve into a hose for a few seconds. But it probably will always cause you problems with air if the plastic pipe has been just thrown in. Needs nice straight pipes & ideally slight rise to manual vents

out of interest, try turning off all the other rads (except the two), then see if any heat is 'forced' to the cold rads.

Did you put air vents in the loft at the highest point of your pipe work?

So the lounge rad is now getting hot, i turned all the rad valves off apart form the problem ones. Then bled the 2 rads again and got some more air out of the lounge one and it instantly went warm. Still no luck with the towel rail tho after doing the same procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing radiators and Rerouting pipes now 2 won't warm up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock