Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing radiator and valves on open vented system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a hot water tank, 3 header tanks in the loft and so I am assuming I am on an open vented system. I wish to replace a bathroom radiator with a wider one so will need to extend the existing pipework. I also want to tile around the pipework by drilling the tiles (for a neat finish) and sliding them over the 15mm pipes before attaching the radiator valves.

Can I isolate or turn off the water feed to the radiators to enable me to do this or do I need to drain the entire system? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

James

Bung the f and e tank, keeps float valve in natural position. Drain from there. You could hold water in other radiators if you want, I would drain the lot. Do your work. Put correct levels of Inhibitor for amount of radiators you have, neutralise water, if you are pedantic. Fill back up.

If you bung it only work on one pipe at a time to maintain a vacuum.

Or freeze it.

Bungee the ball valve up in the small tank and drain the whole system carryout your alterations and tiling dry fit the rad keep the valves closed remove the rad fill flush then fill inhibit vent the system, you can then carry on with the bathroom grouting ect . Kop

Reply to Replacing radiator and valves on open vented system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock