Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing P trap under kitchen sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

My under kitchen sink p trap is slightly leaking, I've tightened the nut and still a leak there. Looking to buy a replacement and the code on the pipe just now is McAlpine EN 274 3. Anyone know where I would get a replacement and I've seen various sizes? Thanks 😊

Picture of your existing set up would be useful can then properly advise
Thats it. You can see the leak just there. Not sure if only needs a washer or whole new replacement. Cheers

Attachments

• 20210926_132834.jpg
    20210926_132834.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 13
Take apart make sure everything clean few wraps of ptfe round 0 ring/ washer maybe very thin smear of silicone sealant re tighten.
If that fails new trap have a look on screwfix large selection.

Looks like it’s dropped undo the leaky nut and lift the nut and blue washer up then lift the trap up until it stops around 2-2.5” should be into the trap then slide the nut and blue washer down and tighten shouldn’t leak

That's a good pic, EG 93!
When you look at it, you'll notice that the 'outlet' pipe on the right is slightly above - or nigh-on level - with that leaking joint. That means that the whole 'U' part is always full of water, so if the O-ring there isn't perfect, it will seep.
Best first step is to place a tray under there to catch the waste water, and then undo both of these hand-tight connectors. If you're a complete newbie, then the one on the left undoes anti-clockwise as you look down on it, and the RH one undoes clockwise when ditto.
Undo both of these and you'll have a U-bend in your hand. Examine the O-rings on each end, and see what the issue is. Photos and come back on here if uncertain :)

Thanks guys, it seems as if as above said it has dropped! I moved it back and and tightened for now and no leak but the blue washer has snapped and needing replaced so I've ordered and new one to do so. Thanks again!

Reply to Replacing P trap under kitchen sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock