Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing P trap under kitchen sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

My under kitchen sink p trap is slightly leaking, I've tightened the nut and still a leak there. Looking to buy a replacement and the code on the pipe just now is McAlpine EN 274 3. Anyone know where I would get a replacement and I've seen various sizes? Thanks šŸ˜Š

Picture of your existing set up would be useful can then properly advise
Thats it. You can see the leak just there. Not sure if only needs a washer or whole new replacement. Cheers

Attachments

• 20210926_132834.jpg
    20210926_132834.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 13
Take apart make sure everything clean few wraps of ptfe round 0 ring/ washer maybe very thin smear of silicone sealant re tighten.
If that fails new trap have a look on screwfix large selection.

Looks like itā€™s dropped undo the leaky nut and lift the nut and blue washer up then lift the trap up until it stops around 2-2.5ā€ should be into the trap then slide the nut and blue washer down and tighten shouldnā€™t leak

That's a good pic, EG 93!
When you look at it, you'll notice that the 'outlet' pipe on the right is slightly above - or nigh-on level - with that leaking joint. That means that the whole 'U' part is always full of water, so if the O-ring there isn't perfect, it will seep.
Best first step is to place a tray under there to catch the waste water, and then undo both of these hand-tight connectors. If you're a complete newbie, then the one on the left undoes anti-clockwise as you look down on it, and the RH one undoes clockwise when ditto.
Undo both of these and you'll have a U-bend in your hand. Examine the O-rings on each end, and see what the issue is. Photos and come back on here if uncertain :)

Thanks guys, it seems as if as above said it has dropped! I moved it back and and tightened for now and no leak but the blue washer has snapped and needing replaced so I've ordered and new one to do so. Thanks again!

Reply to Replacing P trap under kitchen sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasnā€™t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I canā€™t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying replace a basin waste and I cannot get the chrome ring attaching it to the trap undone. It's not a nut so using a wrench with rag is just slipping. I've tried release spray but still no movement. Any suggestions? Cheers, Andy
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock