Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing old pipe work in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. Hope your having a nice day.

I was wondering if anyone could help with the following ?

The existing hot and cold water pipe that leads to the bathroom on the first floor needs to be covered in the kitchen. I was proposing to do this with a plastic double pipe cover. The problem is there is a tee joint that sticks out as seen in pic 2. Should the whole tee joint and part of the pipework be removed using a reciprocating saw, then join both ends using a pipe plastic ? Is there a type of compression straight coupler to connect a plastic pipe and the old piping ?

I would greatly appreciate anybody s advice in this matter cheers.

Plum 7.JPG
Plum 8.jpg

Thats old galvanised steel pipe and should be completely removed if possible.
The only reasonable thing to do to the existing pipe is make it the same as one behind (with plug straight into Tee) should probably change for brass plugs, for what its worth....

Reply to Replacing old pipe work in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hello forum, We have a leak in a 28 year old shower, and decided it should be replaced. However, after getting the cover off, it seems the entry pipe is more or less fixed in place!! Any advice on a replacement? I was looking at Mira Sports, but the entry is on the left - the multifits are ok I...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock