Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing motorised valve steps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,

Please advise as i wish to change a motorised valve connected to a heat only gas boiler:

Turn off the boiler

Turn off the mains water

Find a draining point and drain system

Replace motorised valve

Make sure draining point is closed.

Turn on mains.

Turn on boiler.

Bleed the radiators.

Job done?

Don’t know if these pics are of any use to you.

How to take apart a valve, I did for someone a while ago.

Complete valve
S2TH9dn_d.webp

Cover removed
WgEg0Ao_d.webp

Two screws you need to remove
2RotxiE_d.webp

R0r50f2_d.webp

Pull head off

Z3ZWCtB_d.webp

Body

t7WAKeJ_d.webp

D7g0LiW_d.webp

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Replacing motorised valve steps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock