Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Kitchen Tap - what is the minimum insertion depth for push fittings? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all,

Basically my question is how deep must a 15mm copper pipe be inserted into a push fitting for it to function properly without leaking? I Bought this Tap Tail Adapters from Toolstation this morning and I am wondering if they are deep enough. I tried to install a new mixer tap this morning but I had a leak so I am wondering if I didn't push it in far enough or if they just aren't deep enough. I reinstalled my old tap (needed water) and I am wondering if I should try again tomorrow...

I'd appreciate any advice on this. I'm hoping I just made a mistake earlier and I don't have to go out and buy something else... Please see attached images below. Note I have already installed the adapters onto the flexible connectors.

For context my current set up :
a mono block mixer with two straight 15mm pipes going into 2 push fittings.​
Desired set up:
new mono block mixer with two flexible connectors going into existing push fittings. (using the tap tail adapters I bought from toolstation)​
Link to tap tail connectors from Toolstation - Link

Attachments

• tap connectors.jpg
    tap connectors.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 20
  • plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 19
  • current.jpg
    current.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 19
  • example_push_fitting.jpeg
    example_push_fitting.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 22
No, they won’t go in deep enough to get past the oring - so they will leak.
You could try unscrewing the old copper tails and reusing them, as long as they have the correct size threads. If so, use the orings from the flexis to replace those at the top of the copper tails.

No, they won’t go in deep enough to get past the oring - so they will leak.
You could try unscrewing the old copper tails and reusing them, as long as they have the correct size threads. If so, use the orings from the flexis to replace those at the top of the copper tails.
Might try this idea tomorrow but need a back up plan as well. Do not want to fail again.

Reply to Replacing Kitchen Tap - what is the minimum insertion depth for push fittings? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to upgrade both but the cold side insert will not shift at all. It genuinely is so tight that I am in danger of damaging the mounting even though I am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock