Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Honeywell thermostat with nest? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just after some advice I’m looking to replace my current thermostat with a nest system. It states that’s it’s compatible however wanted to check before purchasing and installing. My thermostat has 3 wires as shown in picture. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
You have a timer somewhere need a pic of that

So no time set? / programmer

Picture of the boiler please

So to turn the heating on you just turn the thermostat up?

Yea literally just the manual thermostat. That’s why I wanted to change it to the nest one so I can set it up to come on at certain times etc just wasn’t sure it I can simply remove the old one and connect the new one with the wires that were there.

You should be fine then just hope there’s an earth connection / wire at the back of the thermostat

Don’t think looking at it I can fit the nest as it’s 230v and nest requires 12v. This would just blow the nest I believe.

The receiver would go where the existing thermostat is

If you want the nest unit there you need the services of a gas safe engy to wire it up

Reply to Replacing Honeywell thermostat with nest? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values, one near the manifold and the other on the radiator side. I will be using Nest 3rd gen thermostats to control both the upstairs radiators and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock