Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Honeywell CM927 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Feethams Fan

Hi,
in common with many others I have had the LCD display on my Honeywell wireless thermostat fade away to nothingness.

initially I was going to simply buy a new remote unit, but having seen the huge numbers of similar problems brought up by users, I don't want to spend £120 for something that will only last two years.

any recommendations please?

Never heard of the cmt display giving up? I have installed a few, shall wait & see!

Never heard of the cmt display giving up? I have installed a few, shall wait & see!
Exactly my thought! Fitted loads of these, they are my go-to controls for the technically-able customer (I have one in my own house too). Not heard of any issues, and the one in my house is fine.

Fitted a few of these Siemens ones lately on lower-end jobs and rentals. They're quite cheap, if you hunt around Ebay you can get them for around £55 shipped. They are quite nice to use but the receiver is a bit annoying to install because there isn't room to run 5-core behind it so you have to channel the wall a little bit.

Siemens RDJ10RF/SET-GB Programmable Roomstat BNIB Bargain !! ( Heating Combi ) | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Also fitted loads of cm stats with no problems.

Have 2 at home for the last 5,years or so other than a set of batteries each not really had to touch them.

Exactly my thought! Fitted loads of these, they are my go-to controls for the technically-able customer (I have one in my own house too). Not heard of any issues, and the one in my house is fine.

Fitted a few of these Siemens ones lately on lower-end jobs and rentals. They're quite cheap, if you hunt around Ebay you can get them for around £55 shipped. They are quite nice to use but the receiver is a bit annoying to install because there isn't room to run 5-core behind it so you have to channel the wall a little bit.

Siemens RDJ10RF/SET-GB Programmable Roomstat BNIB Bargain !! ( Heating Combi ) | eBay

There is a back plate to lift the receiver off the wall, it has knockouts for wires and even an arrow to make sure u have it right way up.

The rdj10rf is a pretty easy but of kit to use but the relay has a working life of about 2 years. We fitted 100s of them and replaced tens of thousands ! Don't get the rdj or rdh

Hi,
in common with many others I have had the LCD display on my Honeywell wireless thermostat fade away to nothingness.

initially I was going to simply buy a new remote unit, but having seen the huge numbers of similar problems brought up by users, I don't want to spend £120 for something that will only last two years.

any recommendations please?

I'm guessing you have tried new batteries... Just in case you thought its mains powered!?

Hi guys,

thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

The LCD problem with the 927 is obviously news to some.

i initially came across what seems to be a design problem when looking for a fix for mine, I googled " LCD Honeywell 927 display problem"

Then when I went onto amazon to see if they had units, it became obvious that the problem is not isolated.

the story seems common - after 2/3 years the display starts disappearing making it virtually useless - it was the same story with me.

the odd thing is that the problem seems confined to the 927 and not other Honeywells, I would have thought that the LCD display would be standard?

Hi guys,

i initially came across what seems to be a design problem when looking for a fix for mine, I googled " LCD Honeywell 927 display problem"

Then when I went onto amazon to see if they had units, it became obvious that the problem is not isolated.

the story seems common - after 2/3 years the display starts disappearing making it virtually useless - it was the same story with me.

the odd thing is that the problem seems confined to the 927 and not other Honeywells, I would have thought that the LCD display would be standard?
Nah it happens on 907 and 921 also, had 3 in approx 150 units over 6 years, just replace it won't happen again, the last one I had lasted 1 week very strange

I'm guessing you have tried new batteries... Just in case you thought its mains powered!?

One of those, "you have turned it on at the plug haven't you?" questions that has to be asked! :D

I am pleased to say it was the first thing I did - phew!

Are delta any good? Rep rrying hard sell on a job other week. Didn't have time to look. 5 yrs sounded interesting tho? How easy are they to use? Old dear compatible ?

I fit the CM907/927 regularly and have not come across problems either. But I had some customers complaining that these are to complicated to use.

Simply because it swaps the temperature from thermometer reading to set value and back at changing temperature. It keeps confusing them. Not 100% old dear compatible obviously. Oh and they complain about too small buttons (up/down).

I have not come across another unit that does offer such a stable function and is as adjustable to the situation like the Honeywells.

Though I have a couple of units where the flame symbol is stuck or gets stuck at times. I offered exchange but the customer is happy as it works flawless otherwise.

Myson unit does more. Plus it's smart start ( self tuning curve)?

I've a 3 year old CM927 at home and it hasn't given me any grief, neither have the many I've installed for customers. Even if it did, I'd be quite happy to replace it every 2-3years, I've not found a unit that betters it yet.

Myson unit does more. Plus it's smart start ( self tuning curve)?
What exactly does it what the CM907/927 can not do? I am assuming the smart start is what Honeywell calls 'optimization'. You just need to switch it on in the engineers settings.

Hi guys,

Hi guys, I found this post having had the same display failure and googled Honeywell CM927 to see if I could find a cheap replacement like for like. I am otherwise happy with my unit but I will add this. Siemens fitted 07 by underfloor electric heating contractor in conservatory. He return 2010 for another fault on the heating and replaced the Siemens one for cost with Honeywell one, now I ‘think’ the display was playing up ‘a little’ on that one from memory and he said try and keep it out of direct sun, not easy in a conservatory!!! 10 months later the display was definitely failing and he replaced as a warrantee. 2 yrs later and display begins to fail so I bring the unit into house (dark warm area) for the summer period to avoid losing the display fully. Too late, put it back out in conservatory last month as it is now getting cold and display is almost gone!!! It still works but you have to be yoda to know what it is reading or just listen to the discrete click as the receiver turns on and off the floor heating. So I will almost certainly replace it with another and will ask the original contractor his view and costs but thought having read this thread I would add my views and await your comments should you feel relevant. Thank guys.

Hi guys, I found this post having had the same display failure and googled Honeywell CM927 to see if I could find a cheap replacement like for like. I am otherwise happy with my unit but I will add this. Siemens fitted 07 by underfloor electric heating contractor in conservatory. He return 2010 for another fault on the heating and replaced the Siemens one for cost with Honeywell one, now I ‘think’ the display was playing up ‘a little’ on that one from memory and he said try and keep it out of direct sun, not easy in a conservatory!!! 10 months later the display was definitely failing and he replaced as a warrantee. 2 yrs later and display begins to fail so I bring the unit into house (dark warm area) for the summer period to avoid losing the display fully. Too late, put it back out in conservatory last month as it is now getting cold and display is almost gone!!! It still works but you have to be yoda to know what it is reading or just listen to the discrete click as the receiver turns on and off the floor heating. So I will almost certainly replace it with another and will ask the original contractor his view and costs but thought having read this thread I would add my views and await your comments should you feel relevant. Thank guys.

Have you tried contacting honeywell? They are a very reasonable company to deal with and you just might get a free replacement, im sure they would like to know of any failures so they can learn from them

My CM927 has LCD failing and the Honeywell agent siad I should have complained ahead of Feb 2009 as it is 5 years from manufacture! So ideally you want it to faily early.

I have written saying I am not sure that it is a great marketing slogan that thye last slightly over five years. Sales of Goods Act suggests that a product has a reasonable life span and I ain't sure that most people would think it should be neare a decade.!?

I'll let you know how it pans out. So if you fitted any less than 5 years ago I suggest you check that is all is well with your clients. They will be impressed you care. : )

a room stat should be made to last the life of the appliance. ive had several customers this year with lost screens on these, honeywell normally do replace them but its not a good advert for honeywell, seems like poor components used / poor build quality. I know most companies have lowerd the manufacturering standards in there products in recent years, honeywell seem to be one doing this alot.

I've installed 100's of Honeywell CM-907's.
Have had to replace a few that the screen starts to disappear or the numbers / letters get fudged.

They are my thermostat of choice.

I have had more problems with other brands of thermostats than the Honeywell.

As for warranty - Standard Australian Warranty ( box warranty )

As soon as you open the box or install the product - warranty void

We used to always fit Siemens wireless stats with new installs, but the majority of them have now been replaced as the receivers kept failing and wouldn't switch! Now we have to use Drayton, we don't get many problems with them, although with the Digistat +3, the timer is a bit confusing for customers.

OHHHHH NOOOOO. The new one is failing again...same problem!!! This one lasted 14 months!!! I don't think it likes the location much. South facing conservatory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Honeywell CM927 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Does anyone know what product is a good replacement for a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat controller and BDR91 Relay Box that controls my electric underfloor heating? I assume it needs to be another Honeywell product and the T4 wireless thermostat but I haven’t found any guidance on...
Replies
Views
I’m about to replace my Honeywell Smartfit system with a conventional 2 channel heating pack (I’ll need new valves to replace the low voltage Smartfit units). I was initially looking at something basic like the Drayton Twin Zone Heating Control Pack, but would prefer a wireless stat if...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a Vaillant eco plus 630, with hot water controlled by a Honeywell ST9100C and heating controlled by a Honeywell CM927installed around 8 years ago. The display is going on the CM927 (seems to be a common problem) so I am planning to get it replaced with the newer version Honeywell T4R and...
Replies
Views
Current boiler Worcester Greenstar 30CDi installed Aug 2011. Started showing error EA. Initially a rest made it work again but last Thursday it would reset but then showed the same error after a few minutes. No heating (only problem is heated towel rail does not heat) but also no hot water. Then...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock