Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Fordham Flush Panel toilet fill valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone replaced a Fordham Flush Panel toilet fill valve with modern one with integral overflow mechnism?

Don’t forget a syphon IS an internal overflow mechanism, as long as you get the correct height one for your cistern there is no need for an external overflow.

Thanks for your comment but the issue is the current valve requires an external overflow pipe while modern ones have integral overflow mechanism that does not require an external overflow pipe that improves the situation.

Thanks for your comment but the issue is the current valve requires an external overflow pipe while modern ones have integral overflow mechanism that does not require an external overflow pipe that improves the situation.

???? A lower syphon fitted to a cistern will not require any overflow pipe if the syphon internal of highest part is well below level of any toilet handle or existing overflow.
You can then simply just plug off or seal up the original overflow once you have the new lower syphon installed

Reply to Replacing Fordham Flush Panel toilet fill valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
Hello, as the title, the cistern keeps filling. The fill valve is passing, think it’s a viva skylo bottom entry with a plastic shank but there’s not markings or identification on it. Just wondering if anyone knows what type it is? I’d rather just replace the diaphragm inside if it’s one that’s...
Replies
Views
My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that will fit in there and replace the current valves?
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to change the system fill valve, but I’m struggling to dismantle the existing toilet to access underneath the tank, I’ve added some pictures can anyone advise of the steps? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock