• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Replacing Bristan-piston in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Ncraze

Reaction score
Morning all,

Our Bristan Java Thermostatic Shower has been leaking, we've replaced the cartridge but it was still leaking. On further inspection we found that the hot water piston was 'sticking' and would not compress and retract easily.

We've bought the replacement pistons as well as the bristan maintenance tool to remove the pistons. This tool proved to be useless, as the pins fell out of the tool on first use. I've tried using some long nosed pliers to to turn the piston but it simply won't budge.

I'm desperate for any advice on how to remove the piston. I've attached some images for reference. I'd be grateful for any help.

20190504_090710.jpg

20190504_090719.jpg

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Longshot , take it off and try wd40 or white vinegar , leave it soaking for as long as poss.

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
Drive two masonry nails through a length of timber leaving yourself a nice long handle for leverage- has worked for me in the past.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom