Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badbob

I want to replace my 30 year old bath (715mm x 1665mm) with a new one but I'm having trouble finding one the exact size. Saniform plus have 1600 and 1700 lengths but not in between that. Bette have them in 1650 which is pretty close and probably just will need a strip or something to fill in the gap. But they're double the price of the Sanform.

The wall on the tap/waste side has a a plasterboard box section which cuts into the room but to fit a 1700 bath it would require taking off the plasterboard panels and cutting down a bit. That's if there's nothing in the void smack against the plasterboard which'll make the job impossible or harder.

So do you think it's wiser to go for the 1650 Bette bath? Bathroom fitter is coming round tomorrow.

Err!

I think they still unofficially measure baths in imperial i.e. 5', 5'6" and 6' the 5'6" is the most common, you usually pay a premium for the other sizes if I remember right.

Can you cut a hole in the plasterboard to see if there are pipes etc behind, maybe not to much of a problem if your retiling it all. You've only got to gain 35 mm, less if you sink the back end into the wall a little. Sizes other than 1700 will always be more expensive.

Had a look waste pipe vent or something but it's around 5" behind the bath so pipework to shower shouldn't be a problem? as long as just the 22mm copper pipes go into elbow and no large sticky out bits should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower taps to replace, but while removing the bath spout (which had no nut to undo), the threaded section of the pipe broke. I thought the bit that broke must...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi I live on the ground floor of a small block of flats that has a soil pipe running within the walls. This is boxed in with plywood & plasterboard which is then tiled. So not the best soundproofing (my bedroom is also on the other side of the bathroom wall) so I can hear when the flat above...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom. It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is...
Replies
Views
About a year ago I had a a big renovation done (using professionals) and this included new central heating, plumbing and bathroom. 2 jobs I had to finish on my own was installing the bath panel and putting a doorstop into the bathroom floor. This was right at the end just as I was about to move...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock