Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing bath with a shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to replace a bath with a shower. Water pressure is low so will need a negative head pump. Access to the existing hot water tank and cold water header tank is very difficult from the bathroom in question (without a major bit of work). Questions are: 1) Can I use the hot water input for the bath as the shower pump input? 2) Can I use the bath cold water input to fill a new header tank (which would only serve the shower) - positioned so the height is the same as the hedaer tank that provides the hot water (so it will be at the same pressure as the hot water)?

Answers:
1. = No. Must be a separate feed from the hot water cylinder via a special flange to avoid aeration of the water.
2. = Why? Just take an additional feed from the existing cold water storage cistern. This feed should be slightly lower than the feed to the HWC so that hot runs out before the cold in the event of a shortage.

Answers:
1. = No. Must be a separate feed from the hot water cylinder via a special flange to avoid aeration of the water.
2. = Why? Just take an additional feed from the existing cold water storage cistern. This feed should be slightly lower than the feed to the HWC so that hot runs out before the cold in the event of a shortage.
Thanks steadyon - the first answer rules out what I was hoping to accomplish! In answer to your "why" - access to the cold water tank (and the hot water cylinder) is VERY difficult from the bathroom in question. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Thanks again - that was most useful

Reply to Replacing bath with a shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock