Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing an old shower install in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Sorry for use of simple terms. Just explaining what I can see. Have attached a picture.We have opened a boxed in old shower fitting but this looks very different to what I have seen before. I am used to seeing one pipe to fit a new shower but this has two pipes. Would this mean knocking into walls and plastering etc to renew pipes? I Would really appreciate general advice / understanding before looking for quotes please. Thanks in advance for any explanation .

Attachments

• B7A9FFAC-91D5-4EBC-8536-D3307C320239.jpeg
    B7A9FFAC-91D5-4EBC-8536-D3307C320239.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 15
I think that was used for a power shower

If your thinking electrical that cable (existing) won’t be big enough so will need to be replaced

I think that was used for a power shower

If your thinking electrical that cable (existing) won’t be big enough so will need to be replaced
Thank you for responding. Reassuring that you are not shocked at the fitting ( wasn’t sure if I should be worried). Could This be replaced with a power shower without knocking into walls? Thank you

Depends where the pipes are any chance of a picture further back ? Eg the whole wall ?

Depends where the pipes are any chance of a picture further back ? Eg the whole wall ?
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It appears I can’t replace a power shower as I don’t have a tank, just a combi boiler so looks like a big job for an electric shower replacement . Very grateful for your response , thank you.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It appears I can’t replace a power shower as I don’t have a tank, just a combi boiler so looks like a big job for an electric shower replacement . Very grateful for your response , thank you.

If the pipes are still live and connected to the system you could go with a bar mixer

If you don’t mind surface pipework

Reply to Replacing an old shower install in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock