Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
PHOTO-2019-04-07-18-18-52.jpg
hi guys,
I'll be doing a boiler replacement with a glow worm betcom4 but customer insists I use the same hole..
I've looked at the manual for the terminal positioning and the only way round would be having the terminal extending passed the soffit and guttering with a flue clip. Opposite ge flue there is no buildings or any openings.

Appreciate your thoughts

All good, a baxi and vaillant also allow this. Just needs to be 25mm so as long as it's not touching the soffit or guttering then you are fine

Worcester are ok

And yes Scott baxi dont allow white / flue on show

Might be an old rule but I've just fit one and the instructions said it was allowed to extend past the eaves/carports etc when necessary
Looks like I'm wrong, just checked. I was confusing the 25mm measurement from eaves with the same as vaillants etc. But it does appear you can install the flue 25mm away from eaves so long as no other measurement falls outside the minimum specs.

Reply to Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact same boiler. It has a riello r40 burner and non condensing 85% efficient boiler... Oftec say it wouldn't be compliant and would have to contact Building...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock