From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Replacing a customers Mira Event in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening chaps,

I have a customer who has an old Mira Event that has given up the ghost and wants it replacing. I haven't done many showers at all so have a few (very basic questions). They want like for like, I've told them this seems to be an old product and now appears to be the Mira Event XS. Can anyone confirm this? Also (and I'm so sorry for the stupidity) but I just assumed electric showers were always thermostatic, however, the Event XS seems to be manual or thermostatic. With just a cold feed surely I can't install the manual one as I assume this will have both a hot and cold inlet. Can anyone confirm? Lastly, has anyone installed a cheaper shower (coming in at about £250+vat) that is a good match. By the looks of it the inlet just goes straight through the wall into the unit into a rear facing elbow I guess. I've tended to walk away from stuff that I haven't done much of before but have that I'm never going to be any good if I don't start taking more leaps of faith. Oh and Merry Christmas!

AXTENK

Gas Engineer
The Mira Event is not an electric shower, it runs off gravity fed hot and cold and is a power shower [integral pump]. Manual or thermostatic, expensive but good units in my experience.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
I agree. It is a power shower - simply a pump with a little motor attached to it & a thermostatic cartridge (if the thermostatic model).
The old unit will probably have a failed motor. This comes in an all in one pump/motor part which costs about £100 & is really simple to replace. But usually all is wrong with the motor is the brushes, which Showerdoc sell for £18 & are a few minute job to replace.

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a customers Mira Event in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor